Sunday, April 1, 2012

Appreciate!


Marriages that Rock show appreciation for one another. When the opportunity arises, find ways to tell your spouse how much you appreciate all the little things they do. Even when they don't fold the towels the exact way you want them to be folded or perhaps the bedspread is a little off when the bed is made. Rather than judge or criticize the job they did, just let them know you appreciate the help. Don't refold the towels either. Just let them be. :)

Always find ways to show you appreciate the person they are and not the person you want them to be. Tell them thank you often and let them know how much you love having them in your life.

And that is my daily 2 cents... :) Ciao!

10 comments:

Rebecka Vigus said...

Very good advice. I like appreciate as an A word.

Gossip_Grl said...

Nice posting to the April Challenge and I agree we often forget to say the word or even acknowledge the gesture. :)

Bushman said...

Yes I agree. Something I don't do often enough. Thanks for the reminder. As far as professional advice goes....real life experiences are about as professional as it can get. Nice blog!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I like your advice to show appreciation for the person they are not the person you want them to be. Very good to remember.

I'm here to say hi and welcome you to the Challenge!

KarenG

Anonymous said...

But it's soooo hard to not refold the towels!

Good post, great input. I look forward to reading more!

Michelle said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! Welcome! Nicki-just tell your husband to place them in the closet before you can see them. :)~

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for the good advice of the day. I find that trying to change yourself is way better than trying to change your spouse!

This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

Duncan In Kuantan

Sylvia Ney said...

Wonderful thoughts! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

I try really hard to show appreciation for my wonderful spouse of 35 years but sometimes I take him for granted. So thanks for reminding me.
dreamweaver

Michelle said...

Thanks guys for your comments and visit! :) Look forward to our A to Z challenge! :)