Be fair and honest...be JUST...when disagreements occur between you and your spouse. Try not to bring up old business when the current issue is being discussed. Stay fair and keep disagreements respectful and meaningful. Try to keep an open ear as to how your spouse feels. Sometimes you may have to bend and other times your spouse will. Do your best to remain just during those trying times. Fighting words can be so harsh in the heat of arguments. Then you find yourself taking back your words. Remember everyone has their own opinion and perspective. Respect it. :)
JUST my 2 cents :) Happy A to Z!
4 comments:
When it comes to arguing, I try to remember that (usually both) of us are stressed about something else and we're really just looking for an outlet to express frustration and it's really not because we're upset with the other.
I especially try to separate--what my spouse (or I) did wrong, and what portion of that was actually under their control after the initial mistake was made.
So true my daughter in laws like to rehash the entire past.
Very good post, and so true!
Greetings from the A to Z trail,
Sylvia @ Playful Creative
Great post. I try to step back and not act too quickly on my emotions. Words can never be taken back. Nice meeting you thru the A to Z.
Post a Comment