Saturday, March 31, 2012

A to Z Challenge- Marriages that Rock!





I came across the video above as I was browsing the internet one day and thought the topic to be quite interesting-"Is marriage all it's cracked up to be?" Ironically, the topic is a great lead in to my A to Z Challenge theme of Marriages That ROCK! Just a quick recap...the A to Z Challenge is a month long challenge to blog each day in April (not including Sundays-with the exception of April 1 since it is the first of the month) using each letter of the alphabet each day. You can choose a theme or be random. It's your choice!



I have a strong faith in my marriage. My husband and I have been married for 17 years this summer. We practically grew up together. In the beginning, there were some non-believers as we were quite young entering married life and to top it off we already shared a daughter together. What are the odds of the marriage surviving? Yet, we have. We've been through quite a bit, obviously being with each other for so long there are bound to be sunny and cloudy days. However, the sunny days outweigh those much more! We've also had a lot of fun along the way. :)

So, I've decided to take the theme for the challenge into Marriages that Rock! Ways to keep your marriage full of life, love, and fun. I am not a professional and don't intend on giving "professional advice." Rather, I'm taking something simple and having fun with my thoughts on what keeps a marriage strong. Hope you enjoy this month long journey! See you in April! :)




2 comments:

Gossip_Grl said...

Nice theme. Looking forward to reading your posts. : )

Jennifer Lane said...

I love this theme. I'm 41 and have never been married (I'm single at heart) but we need to hear more about marriages that succeed because it can be bleak out there sometimes! My sisters are happily married though my parents' marriage is rough (somehow they haven't divorced though). I don't quite look to Kris Jenner as a role model (ha ha) but I enjoyed the clip. Good luck with the challenge!