“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” ~H. Jackson Brown Jr.
A healthy relationship has a good balance of give and take. It should not be all about one person more than the other. Be considerate when it comes to your relationship. You want to be sure you are not always on the receiving end. Focus on times when you are on the giving end. Do you give your spouse your full attention when a major issue to them is being discussed or does your mind wander about your own concerns/issues? Do you plan weekends with all the things you desire to do or do you balance your weekends with mutual activities? Do you give of yourself what you receive in return? Be the spouse that is not just receiving good things, but the one that gives as well. Give the helping hand, the listening ear, or the shoulder to cry on. Your spouse would not only appreciate it, but more than likely would gratefully return the gesture. :)
my giving 2 cents:) Brought to you by the A to Z:)
7 comments:
here from the a-z challenge. This was a wonderful post. I love the give and take...it cannot always be one sided. thank you for this post!
Really enjoying your theme for this.
So much wonderful advice.
Thanks ladies! Glad you are enjoying it Kimberlee :) I'm really enjoying this challenge myself. Lots of reflection along the way. :)
Giving is certainly better than receiving:)
Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
I read somewhere that the true secret to a good relationship isn't a simple 50/50 division of labors and caring. It's more of a 100/100, where both partners give it all they've got. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate it, and figured I'd return the favor. Welcome to the blogosphere, and count me in as your newest follower. Happy A-Zing.
Nutchell-I do agree! :) Thanks Susan and you are welcome! I totally agree with you too! Well put ...100% from both :)
Hi...I'm hopping over from the A to Z Challenge. Lovely post...good luck with the challenge.
Donna L Martin
www.donasdays.blogspot.com
Post a Comment