Friday, April 6, 2012

Forgive

   
“There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” ~Bryan H. McGill

Forgiveness is one of the hardest things for a human to do. They tend to feel that if I forgive then I'm giving in or have lost a battle. However, it is totally the opposite. Forgiving can be the most powerful thing you can do. It says, I love you more than what we are upset about. Sometimes we get into this rut when disagreements occur. We tend to feel like...

"Most of us can forgive and forget; we just don’t want the other person to forget that we forgave."
~Irven Ball

So, next time that big disagreement occurs and neither of you can decide what to do, then look to forgiveness and then graciously move on. Besides why do you want that resentment to live in your heart any longer than it has to?

my forgiving 2 cents! Happy A to Z!



7 comments:

Emily said...

It is so important to forgive and forget. It takes so much energy to hold a grudge and to be angry at someone.

Kimberlee Turley said...

In some cases, when we forgive someone, they may already have forgotten why we were offended.

It just proves how pointless it is to hold on to grudges.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

One of my favourite songs, ever, is by Don Henley when he talks about forgiveness being the Heart of the Matter. It's so important. When you don't forgive, the only person you hurt is yourself.
Great post!

Judy said...

Forgiving ourselves is sometimes the hardest thing to do!

Unknown said...

Forgiveness is so important. You and I seem to be on the same mental plain.
Rhia from Five Minutes for Inspiration (about # 802 on A through Z Challenge list).

Sharkbytes said...

Sometimes so very hard! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge blogs this month.

Michelle said...

Yes, forgiveness is tough! Thanks for visiting :)