When was the last time you and your spouse sat down and had some nice conversation about a lot of nothing? Sometimes you need to take the time out of a crazy busy day to talk with your spouse. It could be about your day. It could be about future plans. It could be about the kids. Just about anything can be discussed. Just plan time in your day or your week to
communicate.
This is also the time you can express how you are feeling about something. Never assume your spouse should know how you feel. Tell them. Keep the communication lines open so that both of you stay on the same page. Whether its about how you feel about raising kids or keeping up with daily activities. There should be a time when these things are discussed so that little is left for assumptions.
My husband and I have a wooden swing in our front yard we sit on every now and then. We usually sit there after our jog at the park. Most of our deep conversations come from this swing. It is one of my favorite places at home.
and that's my daily 2 cents :) Happy A to Z!
9 comments:
I love this post. I agree - - you need to take time to actually communicate! And I like the "never assume" thing, too. We are always changing, so just because you knew me yesterday, don't think you know me today! So, talk talk talk!
Great Post I agree on your post it is very important. I often think thats what is wrong today, ppl are so busy and life is hectic they forget those they love.
Thanks ladies! :)
Hello, Fellow Challenger. My husband and I used to 'visit' with each other every evening on the porch outside our bedroom. Sometimes, it was just for moments; other times, we'd be surprised to discover it was almost dawn! Those were the most precious times, for me, too. Don't stop. Put the swing on your porch. I'm #424 from Rockin' Chair Reflections. Come visit when you can.
How sweet Sharlene! Yes, my husband and I also love hanging out on Friday nights around an open fire. We could be up all night. Precious moments indeed. :) Thanks for visiting! I'll be heading over :)
I am loving your A-Z theme! As a still sort-of newlywed (hubby and I just had our 4th anniversary back in January), I still take all the marriage advice I can get!
Hi Michelle, yes conversation is so important for any relationship to thrive. Thanks for the daily tips!
This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.
Duncan In Kuantan
I've learned that when I communicate it's best to just come out and say what I want rather than to hint.
A simple example:
"The trash is starting to smell." should be "I'd like you to take out the trash--before you go to bed tonight." (Very important to include a time frame.)
Even when communicating about deep things-- five year goals, family, expectations of each other, it's best to say what I mean rather than hope he'll read between the lines.
Making time to do that is super important, because if I let the issues pile up, it's frustrating for both of us to get dumped with a bunch of grievances.
I love discussing communication. It think it is what can make or break any relationship. It is so important!
Post a Comment