Monday, April 9, 2012

Humorous

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing.  The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place."  ~Mark Twain

Having a humorous attitude when things get too serious can be a blessing in itself. Sometimes the best thing to do is not take everything so serious. That burnt dinner may become an argument, but instead learn to laugh about it. Besides, a pizza is just 30 minutes away, right? Once I was messing with my husband's makeshift ice chest radio. I was trying to figure out why it wouldn't turn on. The battery was disconnected. I attempted to connect the battery without thinking. Low and behold I connected it wrong and it totally messed it up!? My husband couldn't help but laugh! Back in the day, it would have been a fight. Now, he just saw an opportunity to remake his radio even better.

So, learn to laugh at those silly moments. It makes the days so worthwhile and fills them with precious humorous memories.

Laughing my 2 cents from A to Z! :)

6 comments:

Judy said...

Great attitude your husband had re: the radio! Humor/laughter can make ANYTHING better!

Gossip_Grl said...

I agree some of the best times has been sharing a laugh, a joke or pulling a little practical joke.

Nancy Thompson said...

Laughter keeps us alive and from killing each other. If only we did more of it! Great post!

It's nice to meet you. I'm a new follower via the A to Z.

Peg said...

You are so right! Nice post.
And thanks for visiting my blog.
Peg
goldgracenote.blogspot.com

David Wagner said...

Big fan of humor m'self - the more absurd, the better... so you'll get no argument from me on this post!

Good work. Don't mind me -- just passin' by on my journey through the A-to-Z list....

Dave the Goof

Grammy said...

Hi, you are so right! Laughter is the best medicine and corrective therapy. I try to laugh well and often. Nothing makes you feel better than a good belly laugh OUT LOUD!
Best regards to you, Ruby