Sunday, June 24, 2012

Simple Things Sunday-Birthday edition

I am having a special edition to the Simple Things Sunday.  My son turns 14 Monday and I want to celebrate the simple things about him.  

(If you want to find out about Simple Things Sunday-click here thanks to Rebecca at Simple As That)

My son was born 14 years ago and has been a blessing to our lives.  He is our second born and baby of the family.  I had the fortunate opportunity to stay home with him when he was born.  I enjoyed every minute of it and feel that was the best thing I could have ever done for him.  I loved being a mom and never minded having to wake up in the middle of the night to get his bottle or comfort him.  Until the age of 5, he only was allowed to watch PBS/PBS kids on TV.  That turned to be a great thing because he ended up acquiring so much from the learning channel.  Five wasn't a magical age, however it was the age where he started to discover other cartoon related channels and wanted to watch those too.  I just made those not as accessible.  He has grown to be one that is very fond of fortune and knows what he wants as well as what he doesn't want.  He is a private person for the most part and will let you in when he wants you to let you in.  He is a whiz with the computer and all things technical.  He was a huge video game player, but lately its seems to be taking less and less of his time.  

When he began middle school I was so afraid of how he would fit in or get along in school.  Amazingly, he handled middle school quite fine.  He tried everything! From Odyssey of the Mind, choir, band, football, soccer, Honor Society, you name it...he tried it and did quite well.  Now he is about to enter high school and has selected to be a part of the band on the Drumline and continue with choir.  I know he will do wonders in high school.  

So, here's to my son, the birthday boy!  May he continue to have the courage to try and never give up on all that he wants.  May he have a wonderful 14th birthday! 


Baseball player
 With his big sister....Snowing in Texas! 
Soccer player
  
Dr. Seuss day at school


His surprise look when he got his first cell phone for his 11th birthday-the summer before entering middle school

Friends and cousins around the fire.  The kids were about 10 years old here. 

Drummer Boy-here he and his cousin are demonstrating their music skills they have just acquired in school

At the local baseball game where he sang the National Anthem with his school choir 

Football player-he never likes taking pictures 

14th birthday celebration-Cake time!

Childhood friends-turn teenagers

Wishing you a wonderful simple Sunday! 

3 comments:

Kate said...

visting from the Simple things. What great shots! Hope he had a great birthday :) Happy Sunday!

Michelle said...

Thanks Kate! He had a wonderful birthday. :)

DM said...

Visiting from the Commenting Challenge. What a great tribute to your son - so sweet! I have a 3 1/2 year old, and get so nervous about how quickly it all goes. It looksl ike you are enjoying every minute though :)

Dana, www.masteringmommybrain.com