Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hobbies and such Commenting Challenge Day 4

Today's Topic:

Tell us about your hobbies! What do you do in your free time? What are your favorite books, movies, music etc?

I enjoy reading and have a love for books. I am always buying them even before I'm finished with one I'm reading. I'm planning to have a "library" in my home when we move. I love listening to my music, blogging, cooking, writing, and photography.

As a child I was so into Judy Blume books. I've managed over the years to purchase just about every copy of her books from Are you there God It's Me Margaret to Tiger Eyes to Summer Sisters. I love that she had a book for just about every stage of my life. As an adult I've really enjoy books by Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult and James Wright. My favorites from each right now are The Notebook, The Pact and Wednesday Letters. I love books about life, family, love, drama etc... I always enjoy the book way more than the movie, but don't we all?

My favorite movies tend to lend themselves to the same category as my books. Steel Magnolias is my all time favorite and I can watch that over and over again as well as repeat most lines! Some other honorable mentions include The Notebook (surprised?), A Walk to Remember, The Titanic, Country Strong, Sex and the City, Couples Retreat. Let's not forget my most treasured animated movies...Toy Story and Finding Nemo. I'm not big on watching a movie over again once I've watched it nor am I a big movie buff, so if it makes the cut I must really like it and can watch over again.

As for music I love all things country. Anyone who knows me knows I have a love for Kenny Chesney's music. It is just downright music you play when you relax in a beach watching the sun set. I also am into Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Zac Brown, Darius Rucker, Chris Young...okay....this list could get really long if I keep going so I will stop there. You get the point. Country music gets a bad rap for most people who don't get it or who just don't prefer it, but I love it! It just about all I listen other than the top 40 music and occasional Rock.

Okay maybe this was more than I had anticipated on sharing, but there you have it... A bit more about me.

No comments: