My daughter came across this journal today. She told me she had been reading it. When I saw it, it looked very familiar. It was the journal she and I used to write each other when she was in middle school! I started it by writing an entry introducing the journal to her and how we can use it. Then I would go and place the journal on her bed or somewhere in her room after I made an entry. She'd read it and respond back with her thoughts. The journal was only intended for her and my eyes only. This made it comfortable for her to feel free to write how she wished. Sometimes I would leave her with a question to answer or sometimes I would just tell what was on my mind and she did the same. We kept it for almost a year. Oh how I miss those moments!
My daughter is about to turn 21 this summer and my has the time flown by! Now my son will be entering high school and in 4 more years (with God's will) he will be graduating! Someone please take the battery out of the clock for a moment!

4 comments:
yep, time sure flies, it seems like yesterday it was just the year 2000, and now... O.o
Great idea with that journal, I'm sure it will be an experience that she will treasure.
Roadtrip: On my way from A all the way to Z!
English Speaking Zone
good wishes for your son's graduation in four years-it all does go by fast!
Oh that's such an interesting idea for a way to connect to your daughter! Love it!
Thanks all!
Post a Comment