Today was what I like to lovingly call a "molten chocolate cake" kind of day. Otherwise translated as:
Let's substitute the Alexander name for mine and you have it! However, I never let a day like that go by without finding the silver lining behind it all.
We are about to hit test week. Here in Texas, test week is a huge deal! A lot rides on the outcome of results of the tests. What you also must know is that this is the first year of a new standardized assessment. So, everyone has been working really hard to prepare for a test that we only have touched the surface. We've learned a lot this year, but without knowing exactly what the test looks like you just don't know what to expect.
As I was driving home, I thought about all the students and teachers as well as all those that helped prepare for test week. (Let me add...this is only week 1 of testing. We'll have another week at the end of April.) I was able to do a little something for just about everyone until I thought about the specialists on campus. I wanted them to know they were thought of and appreciated! They work so hard behind the scenes to make things happen. So, I visited one of my favorite stores, Hobby Lobby and ideas started coming to me. I am not the most creative bug. It takes some time to get my creative juices going and then there I go! I decided to create these cute little "sundaes" as a treat to thank them for being such Sweethearts!
![]() |
| Sundae cups, colorful candies, cellophane bags, and umbrella straws |
![]() |
| I placed the cellophane bags in the sundae cups. |
![]() |
| I added the candies into the bag. |
![]() |
| I thought the umbrella straw was a nice touch! |
![]() |
| Voila! |
![]() |
| Sundae treats! |
I hope they like them! I will place them on their desk earlier in the morning with a note of appreciation. :)
So, my silver lining today was doing something thoughtful and creative for a group of people that do so much!








2 comments:
What a very sweet idea! I bet they loved them! By the way, I HATE standardized testing! Sorry :(
What a great gift! I am sure they loved it
Post a Comment