I've been invited to a baby shower for a former teacher from my campus. Her baby shower theme is books. We are to bring our favorite childhood books to fill the baby's library. What a sweet idea! I just loved it! I am going to have to keep that in mind when one day in the far future when my kids start having kids. :)
Well, I don't have any particular childhood book that was A favorite because I really loved ALL books and still do! I am a book-a-holic! I buy books like crazy! I have children's books from when I use to teach. I can't part from them. I have books that I buy all the time. Some are personal ones for enjoyment, while others are for professional use. I can never have enough. I did try the Nook thing, but didn't take to it too much. However, I won't give up. I hear it's easier to carry my books around on the Ipad.
I enjoyed Judy Blume during my adolescent years. Now, I enjoy books by Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult, and James F. Wright. Of course I have some professional favorite artists such as Todd Whitaker. If you haven't figured out, Barnes and Noble is my favorite store! :) My goal is to have a library of all my books in that future new home of ours. :) I already have it all planned out.
Okay, so I didn't pick out one particular book that was a favorite. Being the classic kind of gal that I am, I went with some classics. :) A child should not go through their childhood without hearing or reading some of the classic stories.
Here is book I think all parents should read:
This one is about a mom and her child and how all the "lasts" are as important as all the "firsts" of a child's life. Very touching.
So, do you have any childhood books you remember as a child? Are there any you read to your children? Do share!





5 comments:
That is a fun idea! There was this awesome thrift store in the city we lived in when my oldest was born and the books would go on sale for .10 each-- we have several bookshelves full of kids books now. :)
oh my gosh, I love that idea! What a great way to build a library for a little one!
Yes, it was a fun idea! :) Emmy- when I was a classroom teacher I use to shop for my books in thrift stores too. You could find some diamonds in there. Christine- it was a great idea! I wish I'd come up with it myself:) Thanks for stopping by. :)
We love to read at my house! We are always looking for something new. With all these kids, we've created quite a collection over the years. All kids are required to have bookshelves full of books in their rooms.
Sandy
How fun! A family of 12. What a blessing! Yes, I'm a big believer of reading and surrounding children ( and ourselves) with books. Thanks for your comment Sandy.
Post a Comment