Friday, February 24, 2012

Love Stories


With February being the month of love and yes in Texas its's also about Rodeo!  But for now, I will share some of my favorite love stories.  

Life's all about moments of impact, and how they change our lives forever. But what if one day you could no longer remember any of them?


I finally saw The Vow.  We had a girls night out and enjoyed this love story.  If you haven't seen or heard about this movie, it is based on a true story.  Without spoiling it for you, it takes a couple through a very trying time and truth be known "If its' meant to be then it shall be."  If you are a sucker for a good love story like I am, go see this movie.  Both Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum do an awesome job displaying the connection this couple shares.  Loved it!

The Notebook is one of my all time favorite love stories.  I cry  every time during the scene where Rachel's character (ok she's also a favorite actress of mine:)  is older and for one of the final times in the movie her memory goes again.  Hmmm...Rachel seems to have a history of memory loss??  :)  Anyway, but she loses her memory again and Noah begins to cry.
  
That is so hard to watch him cry.  Also, the part where Noah's children tell him she doesn't remember you, why don't you just come home?  Noah responds, "She is my home."  Wow!  That line alone says so much.    

One final movie is A Walk to Remember.  One summer I watched this one two nights in a row.  I got something different from each time.  One theme that I took to was how Jaime a strong young girl knew exactly what she wanted to do.  She was brave and set her mind to all she wanted to accomplish with the time she had left.  She made her "to do" list and one at a time she accomplished each one.  Determination and strength carried this character through it all.

Well, there you have it...my top love stories that I can watch over and over again.  :)  Do you have any to share?  Maybe I can check them out?

Ciao!

3 comments:

Gossip_Grl said...

I want to see The Vow. Not sure if I will get to see it at the theater, but definately will get it from Red Box.

Heather Murphy said...

Hi Michelle. I found your blog as another winner of Gossip Girl's award. Just wanted to say hi and ...The Notebook is one of my favorite movies EVER :)

Michelle said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for the follow :) Notebook sure is a top movie on my list too! Gossip Girl-it can wait for Red Box, but I just had to see it. I am more of a Red Box person rather than going to the theater-where I am "forced" to eat a bag of buttered popcorn. :( LOL!