Wednesday, February 8, 2012

it's all a new thing

Have you ever felt the stress of a new job?  You perfect your old job and strive to move up and on because that is what you do, but then you get there and you begin to wonder what on earth am I doing here? haha!  I hear this is the time of year for stress for my job and I am feeling it immensely!  I am just glad it is something that is expected and not unusual.  It is tough trying to be Wonder Woman especially when so many different people look up to you to take on this role.  So, I am fighting the madness by forcing a daily exercise routine, laying off the sodas that I just started to pick up this year, and definitely finding time on the weekends to devote to non-work related things.  Oh and lets not forget daily prayer!  I am ready for a mulligan!  I know I'm going to be better at this next year and then yet better the following year.  It takes 3-5 years to acquire and grasp new things-until you can get comfortable and say "I got this!"  Until then, its just trial and error and hope that you protect yourself along the way from taking too huge of a leap that you can't jump back.  All in all, I still love what I do and wouldn't trade it for the world!  UNLESS....it is to be back with my former team teaching alongside them from room 108.
Priceless memories....  

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Starting new things is hard- but then suddenly one day you stop and realize you are totally part of it and comfortable and never realized it.
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog today. Glad I inspired you

Michelle said...

You are so right Emmy. Can't wait to get to that part. Thanks!