Tuesday, September 17: A memory you would love to relive
Back in the day, my husband and I kept debating back and forth whether to have another child. We only had my daughter who was 6 years old at this time. We were married by now-in which we weren't when we got pregnant with my daughter. I remember being so in love with being pregnant this second time around. I was excited. I read so many books and magazines about having a baby. Even when he was born, I remember thinking- oh gosh! What did we do? But then that feeling went away quickly. I enjoyed being a new mom so much. I never minded the late night feedings or having to get up in the middle of the night to change him. I enjoyed playing with him and learning with him. I enjoyed everything there was to enjoy about having a child.
I was very young when I had my daughter. I enjoyed her and loved on her so much. I had my family around to help me raise her. My daughter and I had a very special bond. She was my little partner. When I cried for being upset about those young love things, she'd come over and hug me to make me feel better. I've always felt like I didn't get to enjoy her the way I could have. I miss all that.
My memory I'd love to relive is raising my children again. I miss it so much! I contemplate these days on having a third child, but then I start to think-oh silly me! I've past my time. However, if I could have time back I'd definitely would not have procrastinated having one more child. I would definitely savor each moment as they grew. The tears, the craziness, and all that comes with raising children are the little daily blessings I miss so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment