Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dropped the ball?!

I feel like I've really dropped the ball this year!  As I write this, I'm staring at my chipped French nail manicure that really needed a touch up before the first day of school-which is tomorrow! My hair also could have used a touch of color splashed on. I didn't do any school clothes shopping until this past weekend for myself and my son (who by the way gets to wear regular clothes this year instead of uniforms since he is now in high school). I don't know what happened, but August has been a huge blur.  Such a busy bee with little time to get things done for myself.

So, the first day of school begins tomorrow. Lots of little faces will be walking the halls.  I'm nervous for my son.  I know he will be fine, but I still worry.  It's part of our DNA of a mom-worrier.  I'm hoping he finds his place well and that his high school years are enjoyable and might I add ...go slow! This is the baby of the family so once he's done, I'm done.  That is unless God has other plans for me? Yeah... Right!

I'm hoping once I get back on a regular routine I can come back to my blog world on a regular basis.  We'll see.  I do miss it! I don't feel too alone because it seems many of my blogs I follow have been falling off themselves.  Ha! Guess August is similar for everyone- BUSY!

Well, let me try and chip away this white tip off my nail so I can at least have decent nails in the morning when I greet all the kids.  Wish I had some good nail polish remover right about now.

Have a good night!

No comments: