He decides to clean and he spends an entire day til 1 am late that evening to clean. He even got rid of some of his "childhood" items and replaced them with an NFL cheerleader calendar and pictures. SON?! I say, however my husband says, well he IS growing up-not the little boy anymore. Yikes!
The next morning I find two LARGE bags of clothes he is parting with and 5 smaller bags of things he called "trash." Now it took everything inside of me to actually go against my first gut feeling of just throw it out, just give it away. But there was a small part of me that thought...hmmm...I may want to go through everything. Luckily I did! I come to find several clothing items that I could give to my nephew as well as a work shirt I've been looking everywhere for-along with several brand new shirts he never wore and still had tags! I also found his baby clothes I was saving! So, I began to sort all the clothes and actually give some to my nephew and a friend of mine.
Now, I had to sort through the "trash." I end up coming across my kids' old Sesame Street videos they watched as babies, a couple of old home videos of them when they were little, several good belts, some of his baby toys I was saving, good books that could be passed on, a homemade book he made when he was in first grade (and I was his teacher!) and his musical drum pad set we gave him one year for Christmas when he was just getting into playing the drums. Son-this is not trash! We can give these things to other people! There I go sorting again.
He has a sparkling clean room now which I am ever so grateful! I am also grateful to have things to give to others. I wonder how long his room will stay this immaculate? Only time will tell.
4 comments:
If your son is anything like mine were at that age, maybe you'd better take a picture of his room now to remind yourself later that yes, there IS a floor in that room.
That is a good idea Susan! Thanks!
Good thing you went through those bags! And yes- fingers crossed that it will last! I really should be up helping my kids find their bedroom floors but instead I am blogging while my toddler naps :)
Funny Emmy! I find myself doing that quite a bit when I'm off from work...Blogging instead of other things I should be doing. :)
Post a Comment