
My daughter just celebrated her 19th birthday. It seems as if just yesterday she was born. She got herself a new haircut and looks the age. Wow! Time sure does fly! She chose Olive Garden for her birthday dinner. Funny, when I was her age that was always my choice for birthday dinner. I haven't been there since. I ended up really taking a liking to the place. The food was awesome and the service was great! My only regret is that I ate 2 breadsticks! Oh my! They were just delicious!

I watched my daughter blow out her candles. Wasn't it just yesterday she was blowing out 1 candle on her Sesame Street cake? She is now such a beautiful young lady. I remember her last year of high school! Man, was I an emotional wreck! I don't know if she ever noticed it? I had my camera for everything she did, trying to capture all her last moments of school. Just recently she brought up going out of town for college. Yikes! I'm not ready baby girl! But I know you are. I know exactly what you are feeling! It wasn't that long ago I was in your shoes. My dad is always telling her to slow down. Take your time. But do we really understand what that means when we are that age? All we want is our independence and to venture into the world to get all those "experiences." I'm nervous for her! I'm always worried about her. Not necessarily worried about her choices because she is a bright girl. I always said she was my street smart girl. And she is. She knows right from wrong and knows how to take care of herself. She can probably kick some booty too if she had to! ha! She gets all that toughness from her daddy. She is solid as a rock. So, its not her I am really worried about. Its the world that surrounds her that scares me! How do you let go at this time of your child's life. This is where it becomes the toughest part of raising a child. When you have to learn to really let go.
No comments:
Post a Comment