Do I have fears? No way! Okay....yes I do. Here they go:
1. Heights! Oh my gosh, do I fear heights! I don't know where or when the fear originated, but it is there. I have some not so fond memories that this is true. I will share one of them. One year, my husband got on the roof to put up the Christmas lights. He asked me to go out there to help him grab a particular strand. He was on one end of the roof and needed me to bring the other end to him. I climbed out from the window not thinking a thing about it. I ended up laying on my back on the roof and looked down. I saw how high I was off the ground (we have a two story home). I literally froze! I could not get my body to move one bit! I almost cried! My husband had to come and help me back in to the window. It was a very scary moment. I never did that again. haha! So, I really do not know how that happened, but it became a fear. Yeah, so don't get me to overcome this fear by standing on a ledge or crawling a tall mountain or anything, because I am perfectly find and at home with my fear. I have no shame!
2. Flying! Okay, this fear isn't as bad as it use to be, nonetheless it is still there. I don't get how some people can sleep during flights. I envy them so much. The only thing that runs through my mind when I try to sleep is having that "falling" feeling and then the engine noise is even more profound that it sounds like it is turning off? Not a cool feeling! My earliest recollection that I had a fear of flying was when I was in middle school. My entire family and I were flying to El Paso with the rest of our family (aunts, uncles, cousins) along with an entire men's softball team (and their families) for a softball tournament. This was my first plane ride. I didn't know what to expect, but I literally cried the entire flight! No, it wasn't that annoying cry. I just sat there in my seat crying the entire ride. My mom just held me the whole time. Coming back wasn't as bad. My next flight came when I got married and my husband and I went on our honeymoon to Cancun. My hand was tightly gripped to my husbands leg. His shorts became drenched from the sweat in my hand. It was his first flight and he was enjoying the ride, but felt so horrible for me. Funny thing was the trip was my idea. I wanted it. I have been on quite a few flights since then and have gotten way better at flying, however my nerves do get the best of me when I do. It's just not as bad which is a good thing. I can even look out the window now! :)
3. Driving in the rain! This is not so much a fear as it is something I do not like to do. I still do it though. During rainy weather, I wish that I had an exempt card to stay home. I much prefer to be in my home than on the road. When it's within my control that is what I do. Besides, you don't want me on the road during rainy weather. I tend to drive 40 mph on the highway! I drive overly cautious. I have hit those water pockets more than a few times and hate that "hydroplaning" feeling you get. It's a loss of control of your vehicle and that really scares me. I also loathe when the cars next to me are driving super uber fast as if there is no rain on the road and hit a water puddle that splashes onto my entire windshield! Don't they know they just made me blind in my car for those brief seconds??
If I don't have to, I won't drive the highway. I will take the feeder all the way to my destination. It doesn't help that I drive a low car, but I am determined to pay it off. Looking to get an SUV of some sort after a while. So beware of slow drivers on rainy days! There could just be a fear hidden in that car. You've been warned!
Day 2 done! Hope you are having a great second day into the new year. Feel free to share your fears!



2 comments:
Fears are an interesting thing and really so unique to each of us. I don't mind small places, have gone spelunking in caves- but I hate being in a small place- or a lot of indoor places with lots of people. I think not being able to see above the crowd and around people just gets to me. But it didn't used to.
Also birds in enclosed places-- saw a little bit of the the movie The Birds as a kid and have been scared ever since.
I've never watched that movie...but I've heard about the fears from it!
Thanks for sharing and stopping by Emmy!
Post a Comment