When I was little, I reveled in early Christmas morning when I would open my presents and be lit up with surprise with what Santa brought me. I don't remember how old I was when I realized that my parents "helped" Santa out every year. One of the presents I remember being surprised was when I received my keyboard. I was in middle school and I learned the first notes of the song Home Sweet Home.
It seems now that the surprise element has diminish or did I not teach my children the joy in it? ha! Or maybe I am just the one who loves surprises? This year we bought our children two really neat gifts. I was too excited and I couldn't wait to see their eyes when they opened their gifts Christmas morning. Sadly, I think they already peaked at their gifts! So now to plan B. I won't say what plan B is at the moment just in case they come across this entry. haha! But it will be a fun plan B. That will show them! haha!
So, now I am left with one person to surprise and that is my love. We usually pick out our gifts for each other. We do that because he says he doesn't want to disappoint me in not getting what I really want. So, I just go along even though I much rather be surprised. I remember one Christmas when we agreed not to get anything for each other. We were quite low on funds and we had just enough to get our nieces, nephews and our own children their presents. I was picking him up from work on Christmas eve. We were on our way to visit family. He came to the truck with a beautifully wrapped box. I looked at him and told him-we weren't suppose to get anything for each other! He says, I know, but I couldn't let Christmas go without you opening something. I opened it and it was a beautiful red Polo pullover. It had a little black hoodie on it. It was the coziest pullover. I still have it. I don't really wear it much, but I keep it cuddled up in my closet. I will never forget that Christmas surprise.
So, now it is my turn to surprise him. He already has picked out a gift for himself. Little does he know I have another gift for him. It's hiding in a closet. It actually was sitting in the trunk of my car for a week! It is a little something he's been wanting, but we just hadn't gotten around to getting it yet. His first gift will just have to serve as his birthday present since its around the corner.
I can't wait for Christmas morning!
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:
Post a Comment